FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is ServiceX19?
ServiceX19 is an exclusive event designed for professionals responsible for ensuring that the facilities and assets in their locations help deliver an amazing customer experience.
It’s two days of learning, innovation, inspiration, networking, and fun
September 22 – 24, 2019
The Omni Resort and Spa Monteluca, Scottsdale, Arizona
What’s the Agenda?
Plan your ServiceX Agenda on the Agenda Page →
Who is the conference for?
ServiceX the premier gathering for facilities leaders who want to connect with peers, share business challenges, and learn how the next-generation of facilities management tools can help you transform your business. Attendees will include:
- Facilities Managers and Executives
- Operations Managers
- Store and Restaurant Operations Executives
- Customer Experience Leaders
- Finance Leaders
- Procurement Leaders
How can I register? And how much does it cost?
Will contractors attend?
Why should I attend?
Learn what’s new and what’s next in facilities and operations.
- 30+ Sessions on Best Practices, Industry Future Trends and Innovations, ServiceChannel Product Introductions and Product Roadmap
- 11 ServiceChannel Speakers including CEO Tom Buiocchi, CMO Seema Kumar, and Chief Product Officer Hughs Meyrath.
- Innovation Showcase with immersive demos of the next-generation of ServiceChannel facilities management tools. Learn how to run your facilities anywhere with our mobile app, reduce downtime with connected assets, and don’t miss our new weather-tracking app.
- ServiceX ServiceBar where attendees can get help and guidance with hands-on support from ServiceChannel Customer Success Reps to answer all their questions about product features and functions.
- Personalized Guidance including 1-on-1 business evaluations with ServiceChannel experts to give yo new insights into best practices for your unique business needs.
Get inspired Special Guest Speakers
- Danny Meyer, Founder and Chairman of Shake Shack and the Union Square Hospitality Group. Mr. Meyer founded his first restaurant focused on providing an amazing customer experience, and has gone on to win several James Beard Awards, while his Union Square Cafe has held the Zagat #1 spot nine times.
- Chef Jeff Henderson, from Ex-Con to inspiring Celebrity Chef, Jeff is the star of Flip My Food, and the author of If You Can See It, You Can Be and helps provide opportunities for disadvantaged youths.
- ServiceChannel Customer Success Stories from leaders for top brands including Louis Vuitton.
Connect with innovators from across industries, and have some fun too.
Unique networking events make it fun to meet and mingle with the ServiceChannel Executive Team, as well as peers, to share business challenges, and successes.
What are the key learning activities and sessions that I shouldn’t miss?
Innovation Showcase — Monday and Tuesday in the Alhambra Foyer
Get a peek at the future of facilities — today — with immersive, larger-than-life demos of next-generation ServiceChannel facilities management solutions. Learn how to run your facilities from anywhere, with provider check-in features to keep everyone up-to-the-minute and in-the-know for every job. Find out how connected assets can reduce downtime and boost ROI. And don’t miss our new weather tracking app helps you tackle adverse weather events like hurricanes and snow, so you’ll always be ready for what’s next.
The ServiceBar — Monday and Tuesday in the Alhambra Foyer
Get hands-on product guidance, no appointment needed. Just walk right up to the ServiceBar and our own ServiceChannel Product Geniuses will give you 1:1 help with any and all your product questions — and we’ll show you new ways to get the most out of the #1 Facilities Management Platform for your business.
The ServiceChannel Keynote, Monday, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Located in the Alhambra Ballroom 1. Join Tom Buiocchi, ServiceChannel CEO, along with our customers from CVS, Walmart, and Punchbowl Social, for “The Future of Facilities Management.” Tom will explore what’s new, what’s possible, and what’s next to help you create amazing customer experiences at every location, every day.
Guest Keynote with Chef Jeff Henderson, Monday, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
Located in the Alhambra Ballroom 1. Follow Jeff’s journey from prison, to Food Network Star and best-selling author as he presents “From Convict to Celebrity Chef: Street-Smart Recipes to Create Your Success.” He’ll show you how he turned his life around with 12 real-life strategies that you can use to achieve lasting personal and professional success.
Guest Keynote with Shake Shack Founder Danny Meyer, Tuesday, 9:00 – 10:30 AM
Located in the Alhambra Ballroom 1. In this fireside chat with ServiceChannel CEO Tom Buiocchi, and WSJ Reporter Sarah Nassauer, Danny will talk about how he built his dining empire on the philosophy of enlightened hospitality.
Learn while you score cool stuff at ServiceX with your Service Pass to prizes
Pick up your Service Pass stamp card when you register at the event, and collect stamps when you attend learning sessions and participate in activities. It’s easy, and fun:
- Collect 6 stamps and you can redeem them for a ServiceChannel T-shirt at the T-Shirt Bar in the Main Foyer of the Omni on Tuesday.
- Collect 3 bonus stamps to spin the prize wheel to win more ServiceChannel prizes.
What are the networking and social activities?
Welcome Poolside Reception — Sunday, September 22, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: Omni Resort Kasbah Patio
Join us for a relaxed gathering as the sun sets, and the desert turns balmy. There will be plenty of nibbles and tipples. It’s a terrific opportunity to reconnect with your peers, meet new people in your industry — and share business challenges, tips, and best practices.
Wellness Activities — Monday, 6:30 – 7:30 AM
Bring your workout clothes, and start your ServiceX day on an endorphin high note with these outdoor classes in the cool early morning. All fitness levels are welcome.
- Bootcamp All-Body Workout on the Valencia Lawn
Sweat with a combination of strength and cardio with a stunning view of Camelback Mountain.
- Ride and Shine Spin Class on the Joya Terrace
Pack bike shoes, or gym shoes, you’ll get a heart-pumping workout either way.
Birds of a Feather — Monday, September 23, 3:15 – 4:00 PM
Join your peers in small groups to discuss topics that are important to you. It’s a great opportunity to share business challenges, learn what’s new, and discover best practices that can help you work even smarter. Main topic sessions include:
- Peer-to-Peer — (Location: Valencia A) Sharing Practical Tips for Using ServiceChannel
- Provider Relationships — (Location: Valencia B) Perfecting Provider Connections. Find. Manage. Thrive.
- Asset Management — (Location: Sevilla) Giving Your Assets a Long, Healthy Life
- Data and Analytics — (Location: Cordoba) Putting Data And Reports to Work For You
Stars & Stetsons BBQ — Monday, September 23, 5:30 – 10:00 PM
Location: La Puesta Del Sol
Trade in your business-casual khakis and change into your cowboy denim, cowgirl dress, boots, and big hat for this hoedown. We’ll be heading out from outside the Omni Foyer at 5:30 PM, for a party under the spectacular desert sky. With the sun going down and the temperature turning nice and comfortable (low 70s to upper 60s), get ready to enjoy live music, amazing barbecue, leather branding, pig racing, and even an astronomer — when we say stars, we mean it.
When do we need to be ready to leave for the Stars and Stetsons Social?
Is it ok to wear western clothing to Monday night’s Stars & Stetson’s event?
Can I bring my spouse or partner to the social activities?
What about accommodations at the event?
Rooms at the Omni Resort and Spa are now sold out.
Rooms are available at the neighboring Mountain Shadows Resort and Scottsdale Plaza. Book your hotel now so that you don’t miss a single ServiceX session. These luxury hotels at the foot of Camelback Mountain are the preferred hotels of ServiceX.
Enter ServiceX into the Group Code field for access to special rates, or call the reservation line directly at 877‑587‑6981 and mention “ServiceChannel” to get the event rate.
Regular transportation to and from ServiceX provided.
Regular transportation to and from ServiceX provided.
Will there be shuttle buses between the hotels?
What if I have special ADA requirements?
We’re here to accommodate your every need. So if you have any special requirements let us know. We’ll make sure to have everything ready for you. Please send any special request by Friday, September 20, to email@example.com
How do I get to ServiceX19?
Getting from the Airport to the event
ServiceX will take place at the Omni Hotel & Resort in Scottsdale, which is a short 8.5 miles from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX). If you’re staying at the Omni, or just stopping there first to register for the event:
- Uber and Lyft fares to the resort average around $21
- For local town car and limousine service, call (480) 627-3200
What if I’m staying at Mountain Shadows Resort instead of the Omni?
Mountain Shadows is approximately the same distance from the Phoenix Airport as the OmniResort, with comparable Uber and Lyft fares. And it’s a quick two-minute hop from there to the Omni resort.
- Free shuttles from Shadow Mountain Resort to the Omni will run continuously every 5-10 minutes starting Sunday from 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM and Monday from 6:00 AM – 5:30 PM and Tuesday from 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM.
Please don’t attempt to walk to the Omni, THERE ARE NO SIDEWALKS BETWEEN THE RESORTS, so the shuttle is your safest, fastest means of transportation.
When I arrive at the event, where and when do I register?
Registration is at the Omni Resort in the Cortijo Plaza Sunday from 3:00 – 9:00 PM, and Monday from 7:30 – 11:30 AM. Simply head straight through the main entrance to the Plaza. You’ll see the registration desk as you enter. And the ServiceChannel Team will be there to greet you and answer any questions you might have.
I’m staying at Mountain Shadows, can I register there?
During ServiceX, who can I contact for help?
ServiceChannel team members will be there to help you with anything you need throughout the event. You can’t miss us, we’ll be wearing the bright ServiceX or ServiceChannel t-shirts. You can also email a question anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need to register for sessions?
Does the free registration include meals?
Yes, with the exception of Sunday evening, September 22, which includes appetizers at the Welcome Poolside Reception, meals are included.
A buffet breakfast will be served Monday and Tuesday from 7:30 – 8:30 AM
Connect with your peers before the first learning session of the day in the Alhambra Foyer.
Lunch will be served Monday and Tuesday from 12:00 – 1:00 PM
Take a break and refuel outside on the shaded Alhambra Terrace.
Dinner Monday Night — at the Stars & Stetsons Social, Puesta Del Sol
Meet us at the bus turnaround at 5:30 PM to travel to this bash, and dig into Southwestern Barbecue under the night desert sky.
Help! What if I have dietary restrictions?
We can accommodate any of your needs. If you have food allergies, you’re gluten free, vegan, or have other requirements just email your special requests by Friday, September 20, to email@example.com.
What is the dress code for the conference?
Anything I should know about what else to pack?
Be prepared for warm days, beautiful desert evenings, and fun social events. The setting for the event is a stunning Spanish-style resort, and the activities will be lively. So pack for hot desert daytime weather outside with cool indoor session rooms, and delightfully pleasant evenings with lots of great networking activities. And don’t forget to pack your cowpoke duds, boots and wrangler hat for the Stars & Stetsons Social.
Where’s the Wifi at the event?
Is there a mobile app for ServiceX?
When does the event end?
ServiceX will be over on Tuesday, September 24 after the last sessions, at 5:00 PM